I’m a sample size of one. I’m not trying to persuade anybody so please don’t read this on the offense looking for where to land a punch, I’m just one person and just one vote.
A person’s success in life can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations he or she is willing to have – Timothy Ferriss
I don’t like, or dislike Trump and I don’t indemnify any elected official, least of all a President. I have friends that have opposition to some of the policy components of Trump’s presidency and the impact it has, or may have, on their lives. Protest. Politicians are like a monthly statement with a charge for unaccounted expenses, the biller knows consumers are helpless, they win cos you’re busy. Politics is like that. A vote is never enough.
I wrote a post several months before the election explaining in detail my vote. I am a liberal Democrat and I voted for Trump Any questions you may have as to the finer points, please look there first.
That post was my ‘before’ election and is my ‘after’.
On Nov 8th Trump won. I was not surprised. When he won Florida I left the viewing party to play scrabble with my wife. Scrabble is our regular daily activity and once the election was determined, long before it was formally calculated, I went about my normal evening.
Much of the country was stunned, they didn’t see it coming and they didn’t think it possible, I was not and I did.
Polls were statistical lies intended to fake enthusiasm. She was marketed like a blockbuster movie, it gets good reviews from all the critics, but the paying moviegoers panned it.
If you do not agree with a narrative, you are made to believe you’re an outlier, afraid to say what you think because ‘no one’ agrees with you. The idea is to give the impression there’s widespread support for or against an issue when there may not be.
If you read the fine print and understood the inherent biases you knew there was a fragile tether between the polls and reality. I did some forensics on the polls as they came out but I also relied on the running commentaries of the Conservative Treehouse, they did a great job of peeling onions. Here is their reverse engineering of a poll
“that the man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them; inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. He who reads nothing will still learn the great facts, and the details are all false” – Thomas Jefferson to John Norvell – 14 June 1807
I pride myself on staying outside media whirls. I did well on Wall Street not walking into crowded rooms. I think this reduces the opportunity for propaganda to catch me. I watch very little television and other than business-y things, I read little of the immediate news which flares continually. If something’s only relevant the day it’s published, it’s not relevant at all. History repeats itself. I feel better informed about the problems of today by comprehensively reading and understanding yesterday.
The only time I see MSNBC, CNN or Fox is at the gym and I get bored with whatever is on my phone, what I see is time lapsed, some today, some more a week later.
The incessant clickbait and faux outrage and feigned indignations fuel my contempt that much more for the political and economic influences that engineered it. I couldn’t possibly counter-point everything, the lies, half-truths, unredacted stories, conflations are machine gun fire sprayed in a wide pattern. So I don’t try, I just seethes. They take sprinkles of truth and pervert it into a weapon of mass destruction to advance an their paymasters political and financial goals. Smear campaigns take something that many times has a grain of truth and amplifies it to accomplish the annihilation of their target.
The media needs to divide to conquer
Donald Trump’s recent speech in Poland had those who watched it saying how great it was for championing Western values. Yet CNN and MSNBC said the Western values could appeal only to whites. Are they implying that minorities do not believe in freedom of speech and religion, or in equality for all?
Every iteration of horrificness is broadcasted as though we are sending radio signals into space looking for alien life to receive it. Whatever fear it is that sinks your boat, they got you covered. Here are a few:
- Climate change will end humanity. I am, of course, for making the world and its ecosystem healthier but does this necessitate handing over trillions of dollars to Al Gore and his cronies? Why do they get to be the banker? I think I can allocate the money better than they can. I won’t take private jets, I’ll only go commercial.
- Ending ObamaCare is a mass extinction event. I am intimately familiar with the economics of healthcare, the precise political mechanics of how ‘ObamaCare’ came to be, its impact on the (lack of) a federal budget and the nooks and crannies. Obamcare resonates, but it is part of an immoral bankrupting, our children and their children will be saddled with debt, bills that must get paid. We are stealing their money.
- Stock market On Nov 9th I bought a lot of stocks, good thing I didn’t listen to the guys on TV wearing ties Economists: A Trump win would tank the markets
“this is not the America that I know!” What is this America you speak of? What is the tint of those glasses?
Is it the America that Hillary, Mitt Romney, George Clooney, Bono, JayZ, Beyonce, Lena Dunham, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Leonardo DiCaprio live in. Tightly cliqued, jets, mansions with high walls, bodyguards with guns, taxpayer-funded royal lifestyles, every meal catered and extravagant and unlimited opportunity to bathe in the taxpayer trough?
Every pundit is a suspect, here is an incomplete cast of characters
- Chris Matthews, he whose wife was running for office congressional office as a Democratic in Maryland and was flushed with Clinton found cash for her campaign
- James Clapper former head of the NSA, the banjo player for ‘Russians did it’, should I conveniently forget that he lied about an intelligence agency unconstitutionally spying on the American people
- Mike Morell former deputy director of the Central Intelligence Agency, well… Morrell currently works at a consulting firm founded by longtime Clinton aide and ally Philippe Reines. Um, yes, party before politics but first he’s got to get paid
- David Gregory Meet the Press moderator, can we have a panel discussion about his wife, the Attorney For Hillary’s Ex-Aides In The Email Investigation
- David Frum the editor of the ‘conservative’ Atlantic, former speechwriter for George Bush and a charter member of the campaign to lie us into war in Iraq. He wrote the immor(t)al slogan ‘axis of evil’
- William Bratton former NYC police chief endorsed Hillary, neglecting to mention that he heads the risk-management division at Teneo Holdings and who is Teneo, oh… Teneo, firm with Clinton ties, declines to answer Senate questions
- David Rhodes is the President of CBS News. In February 2011, Rhodes was named President of CBS News, becoming the youngest network news president in the history of American television and his brother just happens to be…
- Ben Rhodes Obama’s top national security advisor who boasted in a featured NYTimes story that the White House “created an echo chamber” to advocate for the deal (Iran), by enlisting like-minded policy groups and journalists to say “things that validated what we had given them to say.” and “Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing,” he said
- Maxine Waters Distinguished as one of the most corrupt members of Congress, she has reinvented herself by shouting the loudest about Trump, her own problems fade away. I am old enough to remember her blasting the Government and its Intel apparatus for dumping drugs on the poor, urban, largely black communities. Now she’s pleading for those same insidious powers to dislodge Trump
- Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren How easy and focus group approved their protests of Trump are. They are silent on our 5 wars, crickets. Three years ago they were both lauding Venezuela as a role model of a working democratic socialist system. Now, more crickets
- John McCain who makes appearances on demand when a ‘Republican who hates Trump’ is needed for a hostile quote or tv appearance. Why should I like John McCain, A hero? Perhaps, but not before without asterisks: pilot that killed 134 of his own people, cooperated with the enemy by doing propaganda to lower the morale of US soldiers. whose ‘torturers’ were tracked down and they loved John McCain, almost as much as McCain loves himself, then US senator refused to cooperate with investigating US POWs and was a conspirator in an enormous Savings and Loan banking scandal
- The Liars who got us into Iraq, and Yemen, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Afghanistan and now they are the esteemed old white wise men of TV and Op Eds. Not for me they ain’t Being a Neocon Means Never Having to Say You’re Sorry. These guys were wrong about every aspect of Iraq. Why do we still have to listen to them?
Trump didn’t get, and keep us in 5 wars. He didn’t create trillions of debt. It wasn’t just he republicans that privatized schools, t’was Obama also. Of all the objectionable things that Trump has, or will do, making some sort of peace with Russia ain’t one of them.
The ‘Progressive Movement’ is primarily a political public relations creation of America’s richest corporate elite, the so-called 1%. Civil society groups created or aligned with the Democratic Party are defining the new form of false-resistance as electing Democrats. The Democrats, as they have done throughout history as the oldest political party, know how to control movements and lead them into ineffectiveness to support the Democratic Party agenda
Recent polls show Trump’s disapproval numbers are to be quite staggering, eh? I want to answer the question that has been answered without my consent: Would I vote for Trump again, Do I regret my vote?
I would vote for Trump again
Trump is a movement with and without him. Politicians have spent and warred taxpayers into enormous generational debt. They didn’t just hurt us today, they hurt us tomorrow and tomorrow and so on. And the Democrats have conspired with the establishment GOP to coerce Trump into more wars. It felt like we had a way out. The only time Trump got uniformly good press was when he bombed Syria. Trump loves good press.
I don’t think Trump is perfect, I don’t think any politician is. I think Trump should be watched closely, as I think they all should be. I don’t agree with everything that fellow Trump voters do, say and believe, but this is true of every politician and their voters. I don’t even agree with myself all the time. I am always willing to learn, hear others opinions and perspectives. I can be re-redirected.
And, I not only don’t give a shit about ‘Russia’. I think it’s a ‘deep state’ attack against Trump and his supporters. Is there such a thing as the deep state? For 30 years the Democrats persuaded me there is.
Thank you for reading this. It’s my message in a bottle and I hope it finds you happy and healthy